Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sweet Tooth: Triple Threat Pan Cookie


Sorry friends -- it has been way too long since my last post!  I hope that I can make it up to you by sharing one of my favorite recipes in the entire world.  These cookie bars are the absolute best!  That's right, you heard me, the BEST!  They developed out of my obsession with the toffee almond bars that they used to have at Starbucks, but these little guys are so chippy and fantastic that they have won me over to barely even remember those almond bars of the past :)  I hope you try these and find your next baking obsession.

2 1/4 c flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt

1 cup crisco shortening
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 large eggs

6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
6 ounces white chocolate chips
4 ounces toffee bits
1 chocolate bar
2 heath bars

1.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Prep a 9 x 13 baking pan
2.) Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside
3.) Beat crisco, sugars and vanilla until well combined.  Add in eggs 1 at a time until combined.  Gradually incorporate flour mixture until blended in.  Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.  Scoop dough into your prepared pan and pat out using your hands.
4.) Chop candy bars up into nice hunks and press gently into the top of the cookie bars.  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden on top and all around the edges.  Let cool slightly before digging in and devouring the whole pan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment